About Me

My photo
The beautiful Pacific Northwest
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I am not one who will settle for neutral colors as they bore me. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby and 10 years later my art is my full time passion.
Visit my website at http://MarionberryCottage.com
I am a regular contributor to http://ShabbyLaneShops.com magazines

23 February 2011

Stepping outside my color box

Recently I stepped outside the box...color wise that is. Normally, I create with shabby soft and pastel colors. But a trip to the fabric store last fall I saw this amazing collection of musical fabric. I had to buy some since I have a dear friend whom her life passion is devoted to music. She is a cello player and has a lovely music room. This fabric had her name written all over it!.
I was not sure what I would create for her, but I bought 4 fat quarters and presented them to Georgienne asking her what she might want made. First it was a chair cushion, then she decided a scarf for her piano would be nice.
That was in December. Here a couple months later I finally got the time create something awesome for her piano....I love to add something vintage to all my creations and with this piece I had some aged 100+ yr old lace that was a perfect match.....and she loved it!


Georgienne emailed me this pic today of the scarf in use!



7 comments:

Sharon Wengel said...

Very pretty Debbi ! Lucky friend !

Mary Ann said...

Oh how thoughtful of you! I am sure your friend will love it.

PoetessWug said...

Oh! That is beautiful fabric!! I can see why she loved what you made out of it! :-)

artistamyjo said...

very pretty...love the fabric.
Hugs, Amy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

that looks wonderful and what a thoughtful gift !
(())

Shirley said...

I like the picture showing it in use. It made a lovely present to her and you can tell how much she loves it. Have a great day.

Melody said...

That runner struck just the right 'note' to complete her vignette;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My favorite blog parties

Outdoor Wednesday

Fresh Cut Fridays

Promote your shop or website with Cottage Friends Emporium

where we reside

where we reside
The ArborOak cottage