About Me

My photo
The beautiful Pacific Northwest
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I am not one who will settle for neutral colors as they bore me. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby and 10 years later my art is my full time passion.
Visit my website at http://MarionberryCottage.com
I am a regular contributor to http://ShabbyLaneShops.com magazines

20 November 2011

Cottage colors Party ~burgandy~

This month's featured color is
Burgandy


For the November party I am sharing one of my most treasured pieces that was passed down to me. This butter dish belonged to my great grandmother who purchased it about 1905 as I am told. It came with a matching sugar and creamer but those went to a cousin. The pic below does not do it justice, it looks red, but is actually a very deep burgandy color


I also thought I would share a mixed media frame that I created a couple years ago, one of my favorites featuring a little girl in a burgandy dress.


3 comments:

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Love your burgundy things. I don't have a turquoise item anywhere in my house, so I didn't post on that one, but I do have some burgundy. I just posted on the Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy weekend and want to leave that up for a couple of days, but will try to put up some burgundy treasures later in the week. Love, Linda

Puumuli said...

What a beautiful burgundy dish you have got! It is always nice to know the history behind the old things you have.

I hope your new week is nice over there!

Hugs,
Sari from Puumuli

romance-of-roses said...

Wow, how lucky you were to get this butter dish from your great grandma. What a fabulous treasure. Hugs...Lu

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My favorite blog parties

Outdoor Wednesday

Fresh Cut Fridays

Promote your shop or website with Cottage Friends Emporium

where we reside

where we reside
The ArborOak cottage