About Me

My photo
The beautiful Pacific Northwest
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I am not one who will settle for neutral colors as they bore me. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby and 10 years later my art is my full time passion.
Visit my website at http://MarionberryCottage.com
I am a regular contributor to http://ShabbyLaneShops.com magazines

16 December 2011

baking with nana with new aprons


I have to admit, even tho I spend most of my time at my sewing machine creating for my business, I had someone custom make aprons for my granddaughters....I was poking around etsy one evening and stumbled on this listing for the cutest old fashioned ruffled aprons I had ever seen. Mind you this is not a seller who specializes exclusively in aprons, she made one and it was so cute thought she would offer them up for sale. So I really felt a lot of person heart went into these. And I was not disappointed! The attention to detail was incredible--as one who sews too, I do notice the little extras.
So we all got our aprons on today and baked cookies. The aprons are a little big this year, but I know they will last a few years and will have lots of good memories for all of us.


I had a hard time getting anyone to pose for pics....Lilian would not put this toothbrush down....


Then I get these silly faces....I think the younger one is in charge today..


Then the nut grinder became more important..go I gave up..

Below is a pic of Lynsie and Lilian with their mommy and daddy
my daughter Alissa and husband John

 at the very bottom of this blog are some updated pics of the girls, I did not realize that I had not updated them for over a year!

6 comments:

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Those aprons are so CUTE! I haven't made any bib aprons yet. And speaking of aprons, I'm going to be featured in the next issue of apronology !!! Am so excited.
Those are the cutest kids - I love the one with the nutgrinder! I have been sewing a lot too - am making some teddies right now, then no sewing until January - which now that I think of it, is only a couple weeks away. Hope you have a lovely Christmas, Linda

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Sweetness! I REALLY need to get aprons for my Lizzy and Becky! ♥

Carrie@comfortablycarriedaway said...

Glad you got to bake with the grandbabies...I have been to sick to accomplish anything so far. We'll have to plan another lunch once I get to feeling better. Have a great holiday!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Oh Debbi, I think the best photos are the unplanned ones~ I love the one of her playing with the grinder. I know they had so much fun that day especially wearing the adorable aprons their Nana gave them. I am like you too....I had to chuckle....because I am a sewer too and make the girls special clothes but I am guilty of buying from Etsy too. Too cute to pass up! I hope you and yours have the merriest Christmas ever. xoxo

Shannon said...

Those aprons are adorable!

Carol Lima said...

their aprons are cute :) And they are cute also :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My favorite blog parties

Outdoor Wednesday

Fresh Cut Fridays

Promote your shop or website with Cottage Friends Emporium

where we reside

where we reside
The ArborOak cottage