I have to apologize, I have really neglected my blog recently. With a day job and juggling my website business that has been really busy the last 3 months, I had to prioritize...so the blog was one of those low on the list. And I miss these fun parties....so when this party happened by I thought I would share a dessert recipe I did for Easter. I had to borrow Martha Stewart's picture since I didn't take one of my own. I used a pink bucket with pink and purple tulips and a kids shovel. My granddaughters thought nana was crazy serving "dirt" for dessert, but soon found out it was really yummy. My recipe is a lower fat version, the original uses regular oreo cookies.
- 1 package Chocolate graham cracker
- 8 ounces lite cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups cups milk
- 12-ounce carton frozen Lite whipped topping, thawed
- Candy, for decorating
- If using a flowerpot with a drainage hole, reserve 1 cracker to place over hole to prevent leaking. Place remaining crackers in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture resembles dirt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter, and stir until creamy. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together instant-pudding mixes and milk; stir until well blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold pudding mixture into cream-cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
- In a flowerpot or bucket alternate layers of cookie "dirt" and pudding mixture, starting and ending with cookie "dirt." Chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with gummy worms and silk flowers