About Me

My Photo
The beautiful Pacific Northwest
****WELCOME FRIENDS****
I am artist of texture and color. I enjoy working with textiles, mixed media and the graphic arts. I am an avid cottage gardener with a love for pass along plants and big fluffy pink peonies and pink roses. Many of my tangible creations reflect my love of the garden and all its wonderful colors. I am not one who will settle for neutral colors as they bore me. I have been selling my creations online since 2002 beginning as a hobby and 10 years later my art is my full time passion.
Visit my website at http://MarionberryCottage.com
I am a regular contributor to http://ShabbyLaneShops.com magazines

26 November 2012

a little upcycling.....

Here I am again, so tardy updating this blog....I have been so busy getting ready for the one show I do a year...in fact this is my second year and my first having a booth all by myself...I will be okay as long as I get one of my family members to give me a couple potty breaks...I cannot give up my coffee that morning.

Thought I would share some of the up-cycling and re-purposing I have been doing for the show...The first is something I rarely do...working with clothing...but a recent trip to the thrift store I found this denim jacket for $7 and I could not resist! I had seen this done before many times, so WTH, I am going to try it. I also picked up a ruffled gauze skirt, I have not tackled it yet, but a loose plan is in place.

I bleached, and used sandpaper to bring about a more aged look. Coffee stained some lace and added one of my satin/lace burnt roses. Along the bottom I sewed a wide piece of vintage crochet to the inside of the jacket adding some length.


The jacket looks great with the gauze skirt. Both pieces are a little bit too big for me, but I can roll up the cuffs and take a tuck in the skirt...add some cowgirl boots and I am ready to go!

Another up-cycling project are these soft fluffly gloves I picked up on clearance at the end of last winter, so I did not pay too much for them. I had seen something similar done to up-cycle, so I added my own lace burnt roses as wonderful pretty touch.



Lastly, I love old jello molds! I bartered a trade with a good friend to get a whole bunch of these to re-purpose into pin cushions...what a great stocking stuffer!


joining in today with the party over at EtsyCottageStyle blog





10 comments:

Daphne Bryson said...

Good Morning Debbi, you have certainly created a vintage look with the jacket. You have turned it into a lovely, unique piece. I adore the coffee stained lace and the satin lace rose which you added, it makes the jacket so feminine. Yes, I could definitely see myself wearing this piece.
Lovely to chat to you, have a lovely day, Best Wishes Daphne

From The Heart said...

The jacket is beautiful! And I love the pincushions!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the jacket and the gloves, Debbi! I'd be walking away with those! : )

Amy said...

Truly unique and beautiful ! Love the jacket,pincushions are sweet and those gloves.....WOW !
Hugs

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Just lovely ! I love what you have done to the bluejean jacket... just beautiful .......... Keep up the beautiful work girl ... Hope that your day is blessed........... Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl........Stop by my blog if you can

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Debbie, Love the jacket, you will certainly receive many compliments when you wear it. In years past I have done things with clothes also and enjoyed it so much, but I sold them all. The gloves are darling as are the pin cushions. Hugs...Lu

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Hi Debbie,
Love your jacket. I did something like that to a tan-colored jacket - bought at Good will for 6.00. I put lace around the bottom as well. I have another ivory-colored one that I want to put darker brown lace on. I love the way the jacket goes with your skirt! And the gloves are sooo cute! Love them!

Jan Murp said...

Hey I'm Having a Christmas giving ,A 100.00 Visa Please share Thank you.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Debbi,
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you..I meant to write and thank you for offering to try and straighten out my mess..
I knew when I wrote how busy I knew you were..but I thank you for offering! You have always been wonderful.
I LOVE the jacket. You did a fantastic job as always. How I wish something would be too BIG for me instead of too small! :)
Warmly,
Mona

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Everything is FABULOUS!!!!! I am in LOVE with the gloves!!!! AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing over at Junkin Joe...You have been featured : ) Happy New Year and tons of hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My favorite blog parties

Outdoor Wednesday

Fresh Cut Fridays

Promote your shop or website with Cottage Friends Emporium

where we reside

where we reside
The ArborOak cottage